
It's that time of year again and I've been busy making, sewing, gluing, collecting, cutting and modeling for Teton Valley Community Recycling's Trash Bash.
Some of you might remember The Bottle Cap Dress. I wanted to make another dress and Maz suggested I use cardboard boxes from packaged food. I started cutting rectangles and planned to attach them in overlapping rows, to make a fringe-y flapper dress. I kept cutting and cutting and cutting...

and cutting. And then I cut some more.

My roommate Drew mentioned one night that if I made a vest out of cork, he would wear it in the Trashion Show. It took zero consideration to accept the challenge. I don't think Drew expected that.


More cutting. Corks were sliced in half and into disks with bread knives. We got away with only one minor injury.

It reminded me of one of my favorite Project Runway scenes where Zulema tells her partner to 'cry and cut.'

On a rainy day last year, I used some leftover fabric to sew some wine gift bags, with the Trash Bash in mind. They were very hard to give up!


There were some great items on the silent auction table, including mittens made out of old sweaters, a coat rack made out of old ski with pole handles to hang your jacket on (won by the Mayor of Driggs), a crazy beaded canister and a cigar box purse (the last 2 won by me!)

Back to the Trashion...

Drew admires his cork vest and channels his inner Zoolander.

Drew and I backstage at the Trashion Show, getting ready for the runway.
I was too busy making the dress to get some proper pics, but you can watch the video soon by tuning back in to this blog.
And more pics here.
My friend Jenny and I discussed creating a collection for next year and really kick things up a notch. Any ideas?
4 comments:
OMG!! This is amazing. I am also hoping that you earned all those corks yourself. Great job!
That dress is *awesome* ! I mean it rely looks like something you could wear (but not in the rain) and the cork vest is out of this world, too. How do you do that? You are one crafty mother f***er, my friend.
You are so trashy.
Sexy wexy - both of yous!
Post a Comment