Monday, August 3, 2009

They're just squares.

The lack of posts only means one thing- PROGRESS! Among other things, Maz and I have been listening to live music, making a yard, finishing a basement and using up all of our excess paint from this fall's painting adventure.

Last night, one of these projects came to an end... fingerless gloves!



I was inspired by my friend Catherine who showed up last March sporting these adorable 'wrist warmers.' After trying hats, k2p2, ascending and descending stitches, I realized I should just stick to knitting squares and rectangles. It's uncomplicated, I avoid frustration, mistakes are easy to hide and projects can be speedy.

So I was little sad to see this cute, practical accessory slip so quickly in and out of my knitting repertoire, knowing it would be a bad idea for me to attempt a hand shaped project with a thumbhole. I got anxious just thinking about it.

'Those are so awesome! I'm so impressed! I know I would end up on Valium trying to knit a pair.'

'Eunice, they're just squares, girl.'

YES!

Off I went out to dig out my number 7 needles and 2 skeins of chocolate colored yarn, perfect for dense stitches. These paw protectors are the perfect Idaho summertime mitten (crazy, right?) and for chilly office days in the winter.

4 comments:

AG Ambroult said...

those ARE awesome! I AM impressed!
Congrats on all your pregress.

cute pic of you and the leftster

AG Ambroult said...

hhmmm...also, that's a GREAT idea...they would be perfect for cold days in my workshop, too! Instructions, please. Or are they really "just squares, girl"?

Knitting Visitor said...

It's hip to be square!

Lillian said...

the symmetry is freaking me out. i just knitted 2 pairs of armwarmers in the past few months, one for me, one for a friend. and i never - ever - knit.

l.