Used to being in a tent or a low-budge hotel, I was in awe of the Hotel Sax where I stayed for the weekend. Right next to the corncobs- my favorite building in Chicago! (on the left)

The amphitheater in Millenium Park.

The Bean- one of my favorite spots.

My friend J lives in the area and was up for some shenanigans. We took in a sunset river/lake boat tour. The skyline- amazing! I chose a thai restaurant on the Mag Mile and J chose a dueling piano bar that was hilarious.
J also showed me the ropes of 'Guitar Hero' in The Studio: A Microsoft Experience at the hotel. This was a room chock full of Microsoft gear, like XBox 360, Zunes, and movies to use free of charge. It was a hoot. Thanks Bill Gates!

Thanks for the laughs, Gil!
I also visited the SmartHome at the Museum of Science and Industry. It was a beautiful place built with lots of creative materials and products. Unfortunately, they did not allow photography inside. You will have to visit yourself!
On the flight home, I always pick the window seat on the right side of the plane so I can be greeted by the Tetons on landing.
No comments:
Post a Comment