
Our first attempt at getting a house plan approved is a bust. We requested a variance for the roof pitch and overhang (this is the terminology sneaking into my vocab these days....) and it was denied. This plan was based on a factory built kit home from Oregon Yurtworks. So since we aren't building it, I can share the plans with you.

These homes are really beautiful and unique. I encourage you to check out http://www.yurtworks.com to see some of the photos. At least we will have something ready to go when we buy our off grid land in the mountains for retirement. Settle down, one house a time.
These days, Jay and I are exploring timber frame houses (http://www.tetontimberframe.com) and structural insulated panels (SIPs, www.sips.org).
2 comments:
Dang! I was looking forward to another Yurt Bird! Good Luck with Round 2!
Sorry to hear it. Now that I see the picture, it makes a lot more sense to me. Ah well. Good luck with the search.
Post a Comment