Monday, September 20, 2010

Keep on Truckin'


On Saturday, I ran my first 10k - The Horseshoe Challenge. It's a local fund-raising trail run for Teton Valley Trails and Pathways.



The Tuesday before, my friend Anna (foreground below with blond pony) invited me to run the course in prep for the event. I was armed with fancy new shoes and fresh legs. Running on flat asphalt in town didn't really help me on the elevation gain and loss on this trail. 2 1/2 hours later I was curled up in an exhausted, grumpy ball, sinking deeper into my queen-size pillow top.



Saturday arrived and I worked on the morning prep of eating the right things, waking up, hydrating, stretching and getting the gear and snacks together for the day. I was a little nervous for this little running project of mine and hoped to finish in 2 hours.



The course was surprisingly bearable the second time around. I was thankful for Anna's patience and encouragement on the prep run. I crossed the finish line at 1:37 excited and much less grumpy than the first time.



The best part of the day (besides the running being over) was the raffle, where I won a pair or funky Vibram 5- Finger Shoes! I had been curious about these after reading some articles and seeing people wear them. Ironically, the day before, I was in a local gear store asking the staff questions and wondering if I should splurge on a pair. Exciting new gear!

Race Results

1 comment:

Your Running Seestar said...

Where did you get that fashionable skort? Someone very chic must have given it to you.