
My sister runs.
My friends run marathons. And crazy races like this, this and this.
That means I don't really have an excuse. So 3 weeks ago, I started running in preparation for running with my friend Mike, who is currently on Project America Run. I started helping him get ready for this journey last fall and today he passed through Driggs.
So I borrowed something for safety, filled up my water bottles and laced up my shoes.


It was a beautiful day to trot down Packsaddle Road.

Jenny and Mike coming in for a landing.

At the end of Packsaddle, a Sheriff's deputy waited to escort us into town along busy Highway 33. Star treatment!
I was honored to place a flag for Ismael Solorio (AZ), 21 years old.
And Brian Lee Holden (NC), 21 years old.
And Todd Singleton (MI), 24 years old.
My first 7.5 miles are done and the next 8 arrive on Thursday when the Driggs runners send him further east with 3000+ more flags.
3 comments:
AWESOME!!! Such a cool project, that that you got the opportunity to place flag, amazing. sniff sniff.
I started running last month, in preparation for a race ina few weeks. This is only 5 miles, though. whew. It's nice to be running again!
If you have taken up running, does this mean I have to take up camping? Please nooooooooo........
You do such neat things!
Post a Comment