Sunday, August 10, 2008

Pickin' and Grinnin'



Another great music festival at Targhee- Bluegrass!



Maz and I especially enjoyed Darrell Scott, who also played an acoustic set at Music on Main last Thursday. I got a CD signed for Maz as a special treat.





Playing here with Darol Anger:



Sam Bush is also an amazing performer, though the 'bluegrass' tag is questionable. Maz and I are not really sure how to file his music! I remembered how incredible his show was last year, but I had forgotten how they launch into a mandolin soaked version of Led Zeppelin's 'Whole Lotta Love'. The crowd goes WILD.





Besides the Zep homage, probably the best part is when most of the performers of the weekend all get on stage together and crank out some serious tunes.









Maz works the room:



"I really dig the new AutoCAD GIS modeling layer. It rocks."



"Are you ready to huck some serious air off Das Boat this year?"




"Bluegrass is my friend!"

And possibly the most bizarre scene seen at Bluegrass- 2 Teton Valley 20-somethings hauling a loveseat right through the entry gate. These guys are serious about listening and lounging.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry - Erica the Robert Plant/INXS fan does bluegrass? Who are you and what have you done with my seestar!