Thursday, February 21, 2008

Back in Action

The last month has been filled with lots of hours on planes and in front of my laptop. Some even in front of my laptop on a plane. Oh, there were a few days up at Targhee, too.

In January, I went to southern California for a trade show. When I was done working, I went to Studio City to visit Karrie and Jeff. Jeff took me to the newly renovated Griffith Observatory. The astronomy was fascinating- all the research, equipment, models, history. We had a healthy dose of melodrama in the planetarium too. The view of LA and the Pacific is spectacular. (Notice- no hat or mittens- woo hoo!)

















And this one is for my mom-



I was home in Driggs for a couple weeks and as my Gram says, 'Grass doesn't grow long under your feet!' Loathe to disappoint her, I hitched up the team and was back over at Jackson Hole Airport. Next stop: Spokane, Wa. My aunt Carole and I share the same b-day, so I went to Spokane to celebrate with her, drink scotch with Carl and visit with my Grandma. On Sunday, Carl took the lovely ladies out to Anthony's in downtown Spokane, the neighbor baked a nectarine pie, Gram made brownies and Carole saved 7 episodes of Project Runway for me on Tivo. It was a great birthday weekend.




Coincidentally, C.D. was traveling on the exact same schedule (or is that suspect?), so we kept each other company at DIA.



Catherine and C.D. put together an uproarious collection of gifts for me, including the Casino Royale DVD. Hubba hubba Pouty Daniel Craig. To witness celebrity internet stalking, click here: http://www.dedicatedtodaniel.com/. WOW.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Does your husband know about all these "coincidences"?? Saturday AND Tuesday, tsk! tsk!
BTW, if you need, CD can bring another birthday "present" when he visits for Spring Break
("Spring Break! Spring Break!!" aka "say goodbye to these")

Lillian said...

happy birthday beautiful aquarius!

love you - l.